Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Arrival and the Queen

NOTE: pictures of these exciting events will come soon enough, stay tuned!!

I Made it and Everything!! (June 24)

I am here at Emma's house! yay! it was quite the journey, where our pilots were given away to a Geneva flight.... This does not make sense to me. Did they think we would not need pilots to get to England??? STRANGE! resulting in a 4-5 hour delay partly spent in an otherwise empty terminal. It was a bit odd to see it SO completely empty! I ended up getting to Emma's at about 4:30pm. Just in time to shower before going to dinner with Richard (my dad know's him through work) and his wife Sue . We went out to their village North Moretown and had dinner in a proper English pub (with very low ceilings). It was quite good, but I did start to get very tired towards the end.

Today I went into the City Centre with Abby, who is also currently staying with Emma but will be moving more in the city center on Sunday. We wandered all around the 'downtown'. At one point we were in a park then followed this one trail out into the counrty. it was a fun adventure! then had a sandwich then went over to the Pit Rivers museum. the museum is completely random!! All the thingas are from all sorts of times. like ancient times, the 60s... yes, all sorts! and even the labels are random!!

Tonight we are going to dinner with Emma's work friends, and Stonehenge tomorrow.


The Queen Says Hi (June 26)

We have had quite the weekend!! The weather has been wonderful, especially today - sunny all day, not a cloud, and 28 degrees!! It's like a Canadian summer (today anyways).

Yesterday Emma and I went over to Windsor. (We decided to do this instead of Stonehenge because Emma had not actually been to Windsor yet, and has been to Stonehenge twice). It was a really interesting place! We go to see the most amazing doll house (complete with electricity, plumbing and little silver plates). We wandered through the King's bedroom, the queens ballroom, the drawing room and many more as well as St. George's cathedral. And the flag was up - the Queen was actually there :D

Today we biked (that's right, i biked on the left side of the road, through round abouts!) through Oxford to the other side where there is a park/field by the Themes. And as I mentioned it was a glorious day, i got a tad burnt on my shoulders :P. (We also went grocery shopping). Tonight for dinner we had some wonderful homemade risotto.

That was my weekend. Quite nice. Emma is back to work tomorrow, and I think I will be going back into town and hanging out with Abby again.

No comments:

Post a Comment