I have been interested in the post and the idea of mail art for some time now. And have done a couple of projects that involved sending letters to random people that included a return envelope.
I am not sure how to describe my interest in the post. maybe it has to do with the physical object. It seems that an actual letter is now unnecessary, we have email/ facebook/ twitter/ texting.... all of these seem so much less personal to me. What has become of the hand written letter? Well, I for one will not abandon it. Here's to sending mail by post!
I recently joined the Post Crossing website. postcrossing.com. "The goal: to connect people across the world through postcards, independent of their location, age, gender, race or beliefs."
I have, so far, only sent two postcards. The first went to the UK (I forgot to scan that one... oops) This is the second one I have sent:

(It is a collage I put together from the latest MEC catalogue.)

I will keep you posted as I send more and start to receive some!
No comments:
Post a Comment